Parts Data Specialist
Fast growing and exciting Parts Data Management Software and Services company headquartered in Setauket New York is seeking a Full Time (on site) Data Content Management Specialist.
Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for performing research for automotive, electronic, and hardware categories of parts to identify important product features. This will include creating conceptual descriptions of part models and using company developed tools to encode this knowledge. In addition it will be necessary to write and execute queries using SQL and MS Access to obtain required data from various data sources. (Training can be provided for SQL)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering background is favorable but not required
- Capability to analyze data about products used in automotive, hardware, and electrical categories to reason about product properties and their substitutions
- Strong MS Office skills are required with an emphasis in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Able to research data issues in great detail and operate in an independent environment
- Ability to work on multiple tasks across various teams that often involve different applications as well as databases
- Strong creative problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
The following will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of SQL query language, understanding of queries and aggregate functions
- Background or understanding of taxonomies and schemas
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with availability and salary requirements here.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, company paid medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan
- Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement
- Challenging work assignments, exceptional learning opportunities and a dynamic work environment where employee contributions are both recognized and rewarded
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. XSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. XSB maintains a drug-free workplace and retains the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.