This is a part-time role. As a part of our team, you'll help to plan and execute digital conversion, on-boarding, quality control, and curation projects. Responsibilities will include working with external vendors and overseeing quality control and content on-boarding. Qualified applicants will be trained onsite. This is an ideal position for students looking for part-time work near the SUNY Stony Brook campus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our technical team on document QA and importing documents into our proprietary SaaS application
- Modifications of MS Word and XML documents in support of importing them into our proprietary SaaS application
- Reviewing customer documents for suitability for import into our proprietary SaaS application
- Develop and maintain detailed technical understanding of XML markup language(s) for technical standards and specifications
- Work with external vendors: help manage progress and schedules, and proactively respond to technical problems
Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong understanding and experience with MS Word – styles, document structure, and other formatting
- Prior experience with and/or exposure to XML technologies such as editors and underlying/related technologies such as schemas, DTDs, XSLT, and HTML
- Working towards a BS or MS in a technical field or one-year of equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, team player
- Organized, strong communication skills
- You adapt quickly, and are comfortable not always having a long runway; priorities here change rapidly
- You are curious and a life-long learner; we value individuals who can not only provide first-class solutions, but can also ask the right questions
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous opportunity for learning, growth, and advancement
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees.
XSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. XSB maintains a drug-free workplace and retains the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. XSB participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
If you are interested in learning more or applying for a position with XSB, please send your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer and must be able to pass a background screening/security investigation for a position of public trust.