For nearly two decades, XSB has delivered AI-based solutions to enable humans and machines to understand, share and act upon large amounts of data; accelerating time to market, driving savings, reducing risk and improving compliance throughout the enterprise and across the supply chain. We continue to grow and have just opened a position for an experienced Java Developer to support the development, release, and maintenance of our SaaS products.
The candidate should be ready to take on new challenges, have a passion for coding, enjoy independent research, and have a desire for both teaching and learning. Communication, leadership, and analytical skills are key, along with a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and work with the entire technology stack
- Participate in the development, release, and maintenance of web-based software applications
- Identify appropriate platforms (web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s products and services
- Evolve existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1-2 years professional experience designing and developing Java based web applications
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies (MSSQL, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with text analytics, including preprocessing of unstructured information
- Familiar with developing RESTful web services
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, regression and performance)
- Understanding of the Gitflow Workflow
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Python, Node.js
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with scientific analysis tools
Extra Consideration For:
- Prolog Experience
- Application monitoring experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Experience with automated testing
- DevOps experience
- Self-motivated, team player
- Organized, strong communication skills
- You adapt quickly, and are comfortable not always having a long runway; priorities here change rapidly
- You are curious and a life-long learner; we value individuals who can not only provide first-class solutions, but can also ask the right questions
- You enjoy working on a small team, and the challenge of juggling responsibilities so that above all else, deadlines are met
- You love to solve problems by creating software that scales
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Company paid medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan
- Tremendous opportunity for learning, growth, and advancement
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees.
XSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. XSB maintains a drug-free workplace and retains the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. XSB participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
If you are interested in learning more or applying for a position with XSB, please send your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to demonstrate applications they have developed and will be tested on their technical skill set as a part of the interview process.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer and must be able to pass a background screening/security investigation for a position of public trust.