The Problem with Static Documents
Most product design data has moved to digital models e.g. CAD models.
But critical support documentation (e.g., specs and standards, test plans, work instructions) are left behind in static formats.
Static documents violate key rules of the digital thread:
• Change Management
• Impact Assessment
The Tangible Costs of Using Static Information
Transforming Documents to Digital Models and a Knowledge Graph
1 Break Down Silos: Documents across many sources are ingested and disaggregated into individual concepts.
2 AI/ML Enrichment: Concepts are classified, tagged, and analyzed for meaning and relationships.
3 SWISS Knowledge Graph: Connections between related concepts are created using ontologies and explicit references.
4 Deliver to product lifecycle systems: Using the SWISS API, we bring the right information, to the right place, at the right time.
Query the World’s Largest Engineering Knowledge Graph
Get answers that used to take hours, days, or were virtually unobtainable.
- Is this document the most current version?
- How has this document changed since the last version?
- If the internal spec changes, what products will be affected?
- Show me the temperature requirements.
- Where is this spec being used in the enterprise?
- Are there any hazardous materials used in this process?
- Are there any long lead-time components in this bid?
- Show me all the references in this document.
- Are there any outdated references?
- Are there any departures for this test?
- Have these work instructions changed since last time?
- Show me all the parts that contain cadmium.
Digital models open a world of new capabilities that accelerate cycle time, reduce manual labor, cut errors and rework.
Bring external data into PLM
Give engineers the information they need right when they need it by enhancing static documents and drawings in your PLM repository.
Convert your internal content to digital models and create dynamic connections between related documents and concepts, including external standards.
Reduce tedious manual labor by automatically identifying, extracting, and classifying specification requirements.
Better Manage Parts
Make legacy drawings and documents searchable, and analyze them to understand cost, lead time and environmental implications.
Build Smart Connected Documents
Create change aware work instructions, test plans and more with automatic change notifications from the source content. Eliminate laborious and error-prone manual rekeying.
Automate Impact Assessment
Assess the impact of proposed changes on downstream processes and documents before they are made. Reduce manual labor and improve compliance.
What makes SWISS unique?
- Industrial Data Science and Semantics Experts
With nearly 22 years of experience, XSB understands the needs of engineering-intensive organizations.
Dynamic connections between internal and external content, and between content and engineering applications.
- SWISS API and Knowledge Graph
Use the SWISS API to query the Knowledge Graph from anywhere; build apps, calculators, checklists, and much more.
- Automated and Dynamic Tagging
The SWISS engine identifies, classifies, and connects data at scale.
- Publisher and Channel-Agnostic
Any publisher, OEM, or channel partner can use SWISS digital models and the SWISS API to deliver similar functionality on its own platform.